Monday, July 13, 2009

So I've been making lists and checking them twice (more like 200 times!) to try and get a jump start on being organized for Florida.

*For those of you who don't know, I am going to DisneyWorld in Orlando,FL for 5 months for an internship with their college program! Its for college students and I get to work in the park and once I complete this program, I can go on to do their professional internship program, which is when I would do a job related to my field of study in school. I am beyond excited, I am a Disney fanatic!!!!!*

While making these lists, I know that I probably won't be able to take everything I want to take or feel that I will need and this is causing me some minor stress. The thing I am most stressed out about and to be honest, my biggest fear is that I will not be able to take all of my shoes and that while I am gone, my poor shoes will rot away in storage. I know, I'm beyond ridiculous when it comes to shoes, but I am a true shoe-a-holic. The best feeling in the world is buying a brand new pair of shoes, it's just so thrilling! And no matter, shoes always fit! That's their best quality!

I am already the worst packer in the world, when going away for a simple weekend, you'd swear I was going to be gone for two weeks because I still insist on taking my biggest suitcase and stuffing it full, I always run into weight problems at the airport. Have you seen some of my purses? They are massive themselves and they are usually always full too! My favorite purse is my big yellow purse that my friends have nicknamed "the suitcase". I am a packrat I guess you would say, but I feel that I always need to be prepared for everything. I love being able to pull out a band-aid, a wet wipe, a hair tie, a nail file, or some other random thing someone needs from my purse. I even carry magazines and books too, in case I'm somewhere and I'm bored! I also carry post it notes and index cards so I can make lists and notes while I'm out and about! I don't even know how I am going to survive making it to Florida for 5 months with only 3 suitcases, its going to be quite a challenge for me. Honestly, I think one suitcase will be just full of shoes, I'd rather have my shoes than a big selection of clothes!

I know that I will still forget a ton of stuff, despit my lists, because I can be a total airhead and walk out with things that I have been thinking about for months and are sitting right in front of me as I'm walking out of the door. But I am also very excited because this is going to be a completely new adventure for me and if I forget a few things, that'll just add to the fun and force me to go shopping in Florida (oh darn!).

I hope this all makes sense, I just started rambling! Do you guys have any tips for packing for a long trip? I desperately could use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment