Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It Happened One Night


Last night, I had a full fledged panic attack about 1:30am. It was awesome...oh wait, no, it wasn't! I'm already in freak-out mode trying to pack and get everything ready for Florida. I still have to take stuff to storage, finish getting my car refinanced, deliver my car to my sister this weekend, apply to FIDM (and get accepted, fingers crossed) and then of course, PACK! Lots to do, and not enough time! Plus, being without a car all next week is going to make things even more difficult and stressful.

Then around 1am, I received a text message from N, saying he just got home from the hospital. WHAT?! Okay, why? Apparently, he dislocated his knee again, really bad this time, and possibly might need surgery because he might have torn a crucial ligament. After waking up, and re-reading this text a few more times, I called him to find out what happened. He was playing basketball and the next thing he knew he was on the ground in pain and couldn't even get back up, so off to the emergency room and a few hours later, emerged with a full leg brace. Now, he's out of commission for a good week, and has to meet with an orthopedic surgeon. Cue the panic attack.
Rad.

Normally, I'm not quite so jumpy about these things, but there is just so much going on already, and then realizing I won't be around if anything does happen, just really hit home last night. I had already started to clean up/organize for packing last night, and had begun to feel overwhelmed with this task, so I did what I do best, I made a couple of lists. Then N's injury happened, and I crumbled.

So, that was my exciting night, and I'm beyond exhausted. Getting ready for Florida is not as easy as I thought it was going to be, and it definitely ain't magical!
At least I only have 2 more days of work, and that's about all that's getting me through this week. Only 11 more days until I leave...wish me luck I can make it!

1 comment:

  1. V!!!! omg I'm so sorry!! everything will be ok! just call me when you are feeling panic-y and we will talk through it. we will get through this together! maybe on monday after we have our picnic I can come over and help you pack? let me know and keep me updated on N!

    ReplyDelete