Sunday, January 9, 2011

Currently Obsessing

Saw Black Swan over the weekend. Crazy good. Literally. Crazy and good. Natalie Portman can play insane quite well. Anyways, watching the movie just reinforced my love for two things: ballet and feathers. Everyone who knows me, figured I would love the movie on those two features alone!

I have loved ballet since I was a little girl and was dragged along to every class and recital of my sister's ballet days. It's so funny, I loved it and wanted to be a ballerina so badly. She ended up not loving it and left. She had the amazing technique, me - eh, not so much, but I had the stage presence she lacked. If you had combined us, we would have made an amazing dancer. Only if you minus the fact that we are not built to be ballerinas! I am guessing my early love of ballet, and especially toe shoes, are what led to my love of shoes in general. I think I love heels so much because I love the fantasy, much like toe shoes. They both suspend you off the ground for a little while, allowing me to keep my head in the clouds just a little bit longer.


 Please excuse me for being a bad blogger and just using the first images I found on Google. Love them though! 




Photo Credit: NYMag.com
Feathers at Marchesa, Monique Lhuillier, and Derek Lam.

3 comments:

  1. I've still yet to see this; can't wait now! Love these images too, especially the hanging shoes. They'd look so cute in a little girls room or hanging over a desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog header. Too cute:) coming to you from Brunch at Saks. Great shoes girl. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the array of different colored pointe shoes, beautiful!

    xoxo Miss Neira

    ReplyDelete